Thursday, July 10, 2014

Emmy Predictions 2014




It's that time of year again, the time to roll out the red carpet for the Oscar's of the small screen! The Shmemmy's oh wait just kidding the EMMY's. 
They will be hosted in my hometown LOS ANGELES on Monday August 25, 2014
*ahem*
MADAME PREDICTA in the house.
Commence the predecting!!!!
The complete list of nominees are: The 66th Annual 
Best Comedy Series
"The Big Bang Theory"
"Louis"
"Modern Family"
"Orange Is the New Black"
"Silicon Valley"
"Veep"
Why: I choose OGITNB because it is the new fresh face in a series of past winners and strong contenders. Most of these have won numerous awards so I believe that the show is going to win because of its quality even though it's on a web streaming network and not one of the giants. 
Best Actress in a Comedy Series
Lena Dunham, "Girls"
Edie Falco, "Nurse Jackie"
Julia Louis Dreyfus, "Veep"
Melissa McCarthy, "Mike & Molly" I'd like her to win but it isn't going to happen, she has a better shot at an oscar. Or the SNL guest performance but she's gonna lose to OGITNB
Amy Poehler, "Parks & Recreation"
Taylor Schilling, "Orange Is the New Black"
Dreyfuss won last time and she might just win it again. I haven't seen "Veep" so i can't say anythign but Taylor Schilling is not the best in OGITNB so i don't think she's ready for it. 
Best Actor in a Comedy Series
Jim Parsons, "The Big Bang Theory"
Ricky Gervais, "Derek"
Matt LeBlanc, "Episodes"
Don Cheadle, "House of Lies"
Louis C.K., "Louie"
William H. Macy, "Shameless"
Is there anyone better than Jim Parson's!?
Supporting Actor, Comedy Series
Andre Braugher, "Brookiyn Nine-Nine"
Adam Driver, "Girls"
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, "Modern Family"
Ty Burrell, "Modern Family"
Fred Armisen, "Portlandia"
Tony Hale, "Veep"
Once again I haven't seen the show, but he's probably going to win again, him or one in a surprise twist of fate Fred Armisen. 
Supporting Actress, Comedy Series
Mayim Bialik, "The Big Bang Theory"
Julie Bowen, "Modern Family"
Allison Janney, "Mom"
Kate Mulgrew, "Orange Is the New Black"
Kate McKinnon, "Saturday Night Live"
Anna Chlumsky, "Veep"
Kate Mulgrew is my best bet! She is the heart of OITNB so if anyone deserves it it's her! Julie Bowen is my second choice. 
Best Drama Series
"Breaking Bad"
"Downton Abbey"
"Game of Thrones"
"House of Cards"
"Mad Men"
"True Detective"
The real winner here is House of Cards, I mean the second season was mind blowing I was so freaking hooked, I just can not. That show is one of the greatest shows ever! Game of Thrones is breathtaking in its writing and casting, and Downton Abbey is also of the same caliber but while there are GREAT American shows, I just don't see them winning an award any time soon. Breaking Bad is going to be the winner here because it is the last season and the last time for it to receive an award and from what I understood it was pretty epic. 
Best Actress in a Drama Series
Lizzy Caplan, "Masters of Sex"
Claire Danes, "Homeland"
Michelle Dockery, "Downton Abbey"
Julianna Margulies, "The Good Wife"
Kerry Washington, "Scandal"
Robin Wright, "House of Cards"
So Claire Underwood definitely deserves this win! I can't believe she got looked over by Danes, but Danes has always been a Hollywood darling. She is honestly the best in this show. I think Michelle Dockery is too safe to be considered for a real winner. Even though I love Downton! I think a surprise win might come from Lizzy Caplan, I haven't seen "Masters of Sex" but I think that in the second round of the show she is seasoned enough for a win. 
Best Actor in a Drama Series
Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"
Jeff Daniels, "The Newsroom"
Jon Hamm, "Mad Men"
Woody Harrelson, "True Detective"
Matthew McConaughey, "True Detective"
Kevin Spacey, "House of Cards"
I want Kevin Spacey to win because there is no one quite like Frank Underwood and he is just fucking perfect! However I believe that Bryan Cranston will win for his last season of Breaking Bad as Walter White. It isn't fair but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 
Supporting Actor, Drama Series
Aaron Paul, "Breaking Bad"
Jim Carter, "Downton Abbey"
Peter Dinklage, "Game of Thrones"
Josh Charles, "The Good Wife"
Mandy Patinkin, "Homeland"
Jon Voight, "Ray Donovan"
Once again I think that Peter Dinklage should win this category, long has he gone overlooked
(no height pun intended) I mean "Game of Thrones" is in its fourth season already. This was his best season yet! But I think that Aaron Paul will get it as he hasn't won for Breaking Bad and at it's end the Emmy board finally has to award it! I think because they pick the same people over and over they always wait till the last season to award things. 
Supporting Actress, Drama Series
Anna Gunn, "Breaking Bad"
Maggie Smith, "Downton Abbey"
Lena Headey, "Game of Thrones"
Christine Baranski, "The Good Wife"
Christina Hendricks, "Mad Men"
Joanne Froggatt, "Downton Abbey"
Anna Gunn got her award last year so I'm hoping to the Almighty to please give it to either the loveable prickly pear Dame Maggie Smith aka Grandmother Countess or to the conniving cunt Cersei aka Lena Heady whom we all love to hate. Both of these dames have it coming. They are just so perfectly cast and so damn convincing in their roles. 
Best Miniseries or Movie
"American Horror Story: Coven"
"Bonnie & Clyde"
"Fargo"
"Luther"
"Treme"
"The White Queen"
I don't quite understand how Fargo made the list as it was just premiered in April and these are shows of 2013! So if it wins I just wouldn't deem it very fair. I think the board jumped the gun on this one. I know zero about "The White Queen" and "Treme" so null on that subject. Luther however I hear is quite good and so I think it has a standing chance. However I love American Horror Story and I think that they deserve some recognition. Especially this year's Coven with all mix of reality and fiction the lines were very blurred, almost to the point where I'm honestly debating Louisiana. I like their chances this year so I hope they get an award. 
Best Actress Miniseries or Movie
Jessica Lange, "American Horror Story: Coven"
Sarah Paulson, "American Horror Story: Coven"
Helena Bonham Carter, "Burton and Taylor"
Minnie Driver, "Return to Zero"
Kristen Wiig, "The Spoils of Babylon"
Cicely Tyson, "The Trip Bountiful"
I'm sorry but no one, no one (well maybe Helena) can debunk the queen Jessica Lange. Especially in this season's Coven where she is basically a magical Gloria Swanson type of character. If she doesn't win this well deserved award Helena will for that beautiful transformation.
Best Actor in a Miniseries or Movie
Chiwetel Ejiofor, "Dancing on the Edge"
Martin Freeman, "Fargo"
Billy Bob Thornton, "Fargo"
Idris Elba, "Luther"
Mark Ruffalo, "The Normal Heart"
Benedict Cumberbatch, "Sherlock: His Last Vow"
I haven't seen "The Normal Heart" but I read up on it and I think the supporting characters have a better shot than Mark Ruffalo. I think that Idris Elba will take it. The show has been on for three seasons now. I haven't seen Sherlock but if its based on fandoms Sherlock will win but if we learned anything about the snub to "Dr. Who"and "Orphan Black" then we know it's some illogical code that we can not comprehend. 

Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie
Colin Hanks, "Fargo"
Jim Parsons, "The Normal Heart"
Joe Mantello, "The Normal Heart"
Alfred Molina, "The Normal Heart"
Matt Bomer, "The Normal Heart"
Martin Freeman, "Sherlock: His Last Vow"
I had to Wikipedia "The Normal Heart" since it was a big topic of conversation, I think that Matt Bomer might take this one. Why you ask? Because according to wiki he has a very heartrending death scene. Now I haven't seen it but here's what I do know. Hollywood is loving Matt Bomer they want to give him better roles than the ones he has currently but nothing fits him just yet and he has a series he's still pretty into. Therefore I think they are going to reward him for branching out. If not him Jim Parsons, because he;s one of their favorites.or Alfred Molina a giant on any screen.  
Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie
Frances Conroy, "American Horror Story: Coven"
Kathy Bates, "American Horror Story: Coven"
Angela Bassett, "American Horror Story: Coven"
Allison Tolman, "Fargo"
Ellen Burstyn, "Flowers In the Attic"
Julia Roberts, "The Normal Heart"
I think Julia is going to win this because she was the only girl in a pretty much all male cast. Plus she plays a key role as Dr.Something in the fight to bring attention to AIDS, well at least Wiki made it seem so. I honeslty do believe she is going to win even though I want Kathy Bates to win because she was fucking crazy scary good on AHS: Coven. Let's hope AHS wins. 
Outstanding Animated Program
"Archer"
"Bob's Burgers"
"Futurama"
"South Park"
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Manhattan Project"
I have been wanting to get into this show for the longest. I am a big fun of adult cartoons e.g. Robot Chicken, The Venture Brothers, Harvey Birdman and Shin Chan. However Archer was one of those I haven't really bothered to get into shows but now that it's on Netflix, I'm going to binge watch!
Outstanding Host: Reality-Competition Program
Betty White, "Betty White's Off Their Rockers"
Tom Bergeron, "Dancing with the Stars"
Jane Lynch, "Hollywood Game Night"
Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn, "Project Runway"
Cat Deeley, "So You Think You Can Dance"
Anthony Bourdain, "The Taste"
Give the Silver Fox some recognition. He's freaking awesome although it will probably go to "Project Runway" crew
Reality-Competition Program
"The Amazing Race"
"So You Think You Can Dance"
"Dancing with the Stars"
"Top Chef"
"Project Runway"
"The Voice"
I'm just going on last year's winners, I don't understand how they award these yet.
Variety Series
"The Colbert Report"
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart"
"Jimmy Kimmel Live"
"Real Time with Bill Maher"
"Saturday Night Live"
"The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon"
Call me crazy but I think that the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon should win. From what I have been seeing he is every celebrities dream interview. He gets the celebrity to be silly without revealing anything intimate as well as rendering them fools. I think he has a good shot. 
Children's Program
"Degrassi"
"Dog with a Blog"
"Good Luck Charlie"
"Nick News With Linda Ellerbee - Family Secrets: When Violence Hits Home"
"One Last Hug: Three Days at Grief Camp"
"Wynton Marsalis – A YoungArts Masterclass"
Da Fuck? They give awards to kids now? Where be Peppa Pig and Sesame Street?
Outstanding Guest Actor in Drama
Paul Giamatti as Harold Levinson in "Downton Abbey"
Dylan Baker as Colin Sweeney in "The Good Wife"
Reg E. Cathey as Freddy in "House Of Cards"
Robert Morse as Bertram Cooper in "Mad Men"
Beau Bridges as Barton Scully in "Masters of Sex"
Joe Morton as Rowan Pope in "Scandal"
The only one whom I have seen and who I think was at par with Frank Underwoods sociological needs.
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama Series
Margo Martindale as Claudia in "The Americans"
Diana Rigg as Lady Olenna Tyrell in "Game of Thrones"
Kate Mara as Zoe Barnes in "House of Cards"
Allison Janney as Margaret Scully in "Masters of Sex"
Jane Fonda as Leona Lansing in "The Newsroom"
Kate Burton as Sally Langston in "Scandal"
I think that Dame Diana Rigg is going to win because she is the only worth mentioning. Honeslty in Game of Thrones she plays the conniving grandma. 
Outstanding Guest Actor In A Comedy Series
Bob Newhart as Arthur in "The Big Bang Theory"
Nathan Lane as Pepper Saltzman in "Modern Family"
Steve Buscemi as Marty in "Portlandia"
Jimmy Fallon as Host in "SNL"
Louis C.K. as Host in "SNL"
Gary Cole as Kent Davison in "Veep"
Bob Newhart won last year so he immediately gets my vote followed by Nathan Lane. If neither gets it fuck all them others to shit. 
Outstanding Guest Actress In A Comedy Series
Natasha Lyonne as Nicky Nichols in "Orange is the New Black"
Uzo Aduba as Suzanne "Crazy Eyes" Warren in "Orange is the New Black"
Laverne Cox as Sophia Burset in "Orange is the New Black"
Tina Fey as Host in "SNL"
Melissa McCarthy as Host in "SNL"
Joan Cusack as Sheila Jackson in "Shameless"
Uzo Aduba is fucking amazing and even though she pissed me off this season I can understand her reasoning. I hope she wins she definitely deserves it. Her or Laverne Cox! Sophia is one of my favorite characters in the whole series!


OK thats it. Those are my predictions and I'm actually quite confident. I'll post a post-emmy winner list and we'll see if I got it right. 
MADAME PREDICTA OUT!



No comments: