Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Machete Kills

So I saw the trailer for this movie and I just could not help wanting to watch it. I knew it was going to be terrible the minute I heard the name of the main character. Machete is a character I have come to know very well. What with him being the cool outcasted uncle in the very popular children's "Spy Kids" series. Now let me say this first; robert Rodriguez always has a hispanic cast and he is like Adam Sandler or Judd Apatow you already know who his main and co-starring characters will be. In the Machete series he baisically takes this already established character and amps his violent streak to a 10. Now I haven't seen the first one, at least not all of it. However I saw enough to understand that he is a mercenary on the hunt fro something and justice for Mexico or whatever and Michelle Rodriguez comes in and kicks as and Juny Cortez is also there as a cholo and Machete is Machete with Cheech Marin as his priestly brother. Jessica Alba is the law abiding princess who steals his heart.
In this new Machete, which by the way opes with a teaser for the next installment of Machete, aka Machete Kills Again in Space( that I will go watch for the funny Space Wars spoof and mostly for laughs) and proceeds to the very first killing. I guess I won't spoil and tell you what is Machete's driving froce behind his killing streak. I will however say that it was FUNNY!  I swear I almost peed in my seat laughing! I don't know if it was because the Mexicans next to me were cheering him on (as if he could or would listen) or because I just couldn't handle the ridiculousness that is the whole entire movie. On a sidenote Sofia Vergara can do creepy very well, its that damn gigantic mouth of hers. Oh and Amber Heard plays a good bitch. I say watch it if your not going to take it seriously. If you are your going to be dissapointed .

No comments: