Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 44: Crash

Crash: 2006: Winner of the 78th Academy Awards

Starring:

Don Cheadle

Sandra Bullock

Matt Dillon

Jennifer Esposito

Michael Peña

Brendan Fraser

Chris "Ludacris" Bridges

Terrence Howard

Ryan Phillippe

Larenz Tate

Thandie Newton




A series of interconnected lives through transparent means seem to be the leading basis for this movie. However this movie is more than just about how interconnected these lives are, but mostly about Human relationships and how society has ruined perfectly natural tendencies to just want to live in Harmony. Although one could argue that human nature also wants to feel pride and that’s where boundaries come in , but nevertheless this movie was great. I watched it on the television and the scene where the Hispanic father is saved by his 5 yr old daughter, made me cry so much I couldn’t stop. Imagine here’s a guy who’s had it rough, and he is being punished by this man because of his race, that was so riveting. I love this movie and even though Sandra Bullock was a downright git in this movie I totally loved her. Furthermore the small ironies of life where the guy who was abusing one person ended up saving her life that was so real. I was very happy when I saw them win and I felt that they truly deserved it. I don’t know if it’s just me but the seem to get better as they progress toward a better future in film. The turn of the century movie that started it “Dances with Wolves”. Crash really is a good movie with an unbelievable cast and maybe I love it all that more because one of the movies other star is my hometown of Los Angeles.

It also won awards for:

Best Editing: Hughes Winborne

Best Screenplay – Original Paul Haggis & Robert Moresco


No comments: