Sunday, September 23, 2012

Emmys 2012

TV's biggest night! Well my dear blog readers it is Thanksgiving in Hollywood right now. We have just celebrated teh acolades of the tube's biggest moneymakers. The big winners of the night of course being Homeland for best Drama Series and Modern Family for best Comedy Series. These and many more you can look for yourselves up on wiki or abc emmy shmemmy info if you like. My job is to tell everyone of the calamitys and the spark of genius brought to you by dress makers around the world and the celebrities who deign to don.

This year i'm going to do four for the emmys becasuse i feel that they were all so well dressed. Plus I am really digging the color pallette.. Finally Burgundy is getting the recognition it deserves.. And the blues it is now no longer only navy's that are getting noticced but the icy tones as well. Btw, icy blues were a huge hit today not only for evoking that wonderfully ice princess tone, but because today it was 101 degrees in LA . I was sweating more than a fat women in a southern state! It was caliente

As per usual I'm going to start with the best dressed.

 
Lucy Liu
 

This is probably one of my alltime favorite looks .. ever! This is very similar to the Jessie J dress worn in this year's grammy awards. I love this dress cuz it looks supple but it's more like armour (seeing as how it;s made out of metal) I love the corseted bodice and the shiny applique to keep it in check so to speak with the rest of the gown. I love Lucy Liu but don't always share her fashion sense, but I think that for someone who wasn't going as a nominee or presenter (I'm not actually sure why she was there) she looked phenomenal!


Julianne Hough

Ryan Seacrest is telling all his buddies, " yeah that's what I'm going home too." This girl is gorgeous, I mentioned icy blues were fantastic and this is more aquamarine icy than blue but it's downright gorgeous. I love that it's tight at the top and then simply with construction til the very end where it has a feather/tassle effect. I'm not actually a fan of mermaid dresses, but I feel like if you have to do mermaid this is the way to do it. Not too tight in at the knees and no bunching! Her hair is cute too and she's so damn pretty anything would look good on her but this, this is a awesome dress!


Tina Fey
 
 
Love this look on Tina Fey, she always chooses too wear black or  a more subded color like navy or deep forest green. Well Tina, welcome to the world of burgundy, plum and wine! I love this on her and my favorite part is the tiny applique of black and gold bodice underneath! So genius! Plus this dress doesn't hang on her and shows of how stunning she looks and those earrings Perfection! Love this Lots! It would have been my fave but I had issus with the back so beh, but do love this alot!
 

Kelly Osbourne
 
 
 
 
 
 
Firstly let me tell you I love Kelly! I watch Fashion Police and i have to admit that sometimes i believe she is wrong but mostly i love her. This for me is a beautiful gown on her and for being a comentator i felt like she outdid some of the nominees for the night and thats why she has to be my fave of the night! Granted her dress matches her hair, but I do believe that she has never looked better and that it's only a matter of time before she starts her own clothing line.
 
now ladies and gentlemen comes the darker part of my tirade... The Worst Dressed List!
 
 
Christina Hendricks
 
 
 
Now this girl is gorgeous no doubt but this dress just fucking drives me nuts. She could have chosen anything else and she chooses the one thing that looks like shit! Why? There are three major problems with this dress. 1. It is ill fitting. Yes believe it is see the bunching in the abdomen area, where you'd think she'd prefer to have flat and smooth? Look how gigantic her hips look because the material seems to be beyond stretched! 2.The color definetly washes her out. Ivory with old ivory does not make you pop it makes you look like a faded flower and she is sooo not that! She has worn red, green which are  natural colors for her hair and skin tone and I feel like she should stick to the that recipe. It works. 3. The style of the dress really, really and I mean really irks me. I feel like the designer saw a trench coat and said "ohh lets make a dress out of that" I mean a belt like that really? The mermaid flair necessary? Hell to the muthafucking nooo! This is a fucking hot mess, Christina you can do better! You must do better!
 
 
Julianne Margolis
 
 
I don't know much about her except she won last  year  for best actress and that Chris Noth is her co star! S'bout it. But I do feel the intense hate for this dress.. holy hell did her stylist die? Was she physically unable to leave her house? Because thats the only explanation for this biznatch to go ahead and sew up her grandma's quilt, belt it, put a petticoat underneath and call it a dress! What the hell was she thinking, there's floral and then there's the secret garden print! This is Secret Garden, and thats why it should be kept secret!!!!!!!! Ughhayyayyayayay! Sometimes I watch and wonder does this look better in the sun? Does it just not photograph well? What is the reason behind the madness. As a nominee she could have chosen any other dress, why this why? Get a stylist girl!
 
 
Lena Dunham
 
This girl is said to be the next Carrie Bradshaw. And I'm sorry to say Carrie is sorely dissapointed in her looks. I know she txtd me saying this was hell to the eye. But i txtd back and said "yo, chill girl is her first time".. Now that Len has popped her cherry on the red carpet, lets hope her style evolves, because this little girl gone old age look is not working for her. She doesn't have to show skin to look good. She just has to clean this up. The sleeves shorter the skirt less wide. The lace makes her look heavy and ughh.. why don't they know how to dress for thier bodies? Why? I am liking the new hair do though!
 
 
Ginnifer Goodwin
 
 
 
I like her sort of.. Well she kind of annoys me, but what is bothering me the most is that damn dress. Holy hell it's orange and crochet! Halloween ain't here yet! I have issues with the dress mainly becaus eof the color and the way it's made hate Crochet and orange omg puke! And the top is all wrong if your gonna make it that icky please show some top skin, it covers everything it's like orange yarn has eaten you whole! Definelty not feeling this dress..
 
Well ladies and gents tis my rant for the day.. and this is the finally award show of the year.. so till next year ta-ta for now=]
-Fashionista outskies!
 
 
 

No comments: