Thursday, September 27, 2012

End of Watch




This movie was freaking spectacular. I went this weekend with my biffle and another friend. First of I didn’t want to see this movie because I don’t generally like cop movies or shoddy shot movies. But I was outnumbered and we went to watch it. It was with sadness I let go of my credit card to pay for it. However once the movie started it got interesting fast. The movies premise is about to cops who are more than just partners. They are friends and brothers, a bromance! The story centers around how these two guys unintentionally end up pissing off the Mexican cartel’s head honcho. The story mostly takes place in the ghetto’s of LA, mainly south central and east la. The movie really takes you by surprise at how funny it is. I expected all thriller and action with little jeers. I was unprepared for the funny that comes from the fusion of Michael Pena and Jake Gyllenhal. By the end of the movie I was so devastated and I was crying like a baby and I know I wasn’t the only one. My whole row was sniffling and the theatre was silent. This movie was like watching Rachel Getting Married… you can only watch it once because the emotion is so powerful! I don’t think I’d have the heart to watch it again, but definitely one to check out.

No comments: