Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

The Hobbit : An Unexpected Journey

Ok I have been anticipating this movie since last year around this time. I saw it on Friday and you know what. It wasn't what I expected, hence the title I'm sure. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Yeah, unexpected for sure. I was anticipating yes some cut off characters but this? this was add-ons, plots and storylines that Peter Jackson said he got from the footnotes of Tolkein himself and the truth is that Jackson has sold his soul to the Hollywood demon. I feel like when Peter Jackson lost the weight he dropped his dignity as well. What ever happened to the man that made LOTR??? Is this his way of converting to Hollywood conformities and conventions? Not all the movie was bad or unexpected I recognized some of the story plots from the book and I was ok with some of the added story lines, because I felt they were nice background to the already told story that is LOTR and the background just affirms what you already know. I didn't however like the aggrandizement of the main character who should be Bilbo but ends up being Thorin Oakenshield. I have further problems with his look, in my head he is a bit older and has a  salt and pepper beard. The problem really is the added sub-plot of the orc Azog the defiler. He really irks me he fucking sucks and ruins it for me. I know, I know there has to be some Hollywood in it, but an albino orc that kills and maims and is the living remainder for one demented Dwarf prince and has stuck an iron claw into his shoulder, bitch please. I'm slightly appeased but would have prefered the movie without the Azog character only because, he is unnecessary  the battle scene in the third movie alone "The battle of the five armies" is going to be sufficient! I will say this to the movies credit, Gollum is fucking awesome in this movie! He is the perfect blend of creepy and cute and then damn near schizophrenic scary and murderous. He is a villain you love. Then there's Martin Freeman's portryal of Bilbo, also genius. Lee Pace as King Thranduil is also pretty awesome, he is sooo mezmerizing in the 5-10 minutes of screen time. Absolutely love it. I will wait for the second one, only because I know it will be epic. However if you are a fan, let me warn you, you will be pissed at Peter Jackson's stupidity.. 

No comments: