Monday, December 12, 2016

Ipsy Glam Bag: November

Recently I subscribed to Ipsy. For those unfamiliar, ipsy is a company that helps promote and introduce new makeup brands/products into the mainstream. We all know the big brands. What ipsy does is combine sample sizes of both big name brands with smaller equal quality makeup brands for consumers to discover. As someone who has recently decided to dip her toe in the waters of this makeup world I thought Ipsy would be my best bet. I tried to start October 2016 but ended up not making the cutoff so I got the November  Glam Bag. 
The Glam Bag : every month Ipsy sends five sample size products in a cute clutch. 

My November glam bag included : a matte lipstick, a eyeliner, a highlighter, a serum, and a primer

I was not happy with the lipstick. Like at all. It was so hard to apply, and no i did not use a brush. It definitely needs a brush but I was trying to see how on the go it was. It isn't. I like makeup but I refuse to take more than an hour on it and that lipstick would include 10 minutes of applying. And I'd have to get concealer. That red gets everywhere!! 
The eyeliner (basic matte black) was my favorite thing in the bag. At first I was like whatever about it since my daily is the Kat Von D Tattoo liner in Trooper. However I did end up liking it the more I used it since the application is just as smooth. It reminds me of the Ink liner she also carries. If it's cheaper it would be a good alternative. 
The serum, it feels nice and I'm not sure what it's supposed to do besides moisturize. Actually, what serums are supposed to do for your face in general is a mystery to me. However it feels nice and it smells good. I used it to prime my face before putting on my bb cream and it looked nice. I wouldn't buy it on my own. 
The primer. POREFESSIONAL by benefit is the primer I got. I used to use the smash box one in green. And that was amazing to neutralize my redness.. this one was ok. I don't think it was supposed to do the same but it felt like the smash box. Idk if I'd buy it on my own since I hardly ever use concealer.  Or foundation. Or anything besides eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. So I guess I'm a poor judge but it's a must I hear.  
The highlight: I really loved the highlighter! The color. The packaging and the application is easy too. I was in love!! Would I buy it on my own. Maybe depends, when it comes to highlighters I want to explore. So this is a good option but not done here. 
Lastly the Glam Bag design. It was a constellation gold/blue bag!! I was in love!!😍

No comments: