Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 31: Silence of the Lambs


Silence of the Lambs:1991: Winner of the 64th Academy Award
 
Starring:


Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling


Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Scott Glenn as Jack Crawford

Ted Levine as Jame Gumb, "Buffalo Bill"

Anthony Heald as Frederick Chilton

Brooke Smith as Catherine Martin

Diane Baker as Senator Ruth Martin

Kasi Lemmons as Ardelia Mapp

Frankie Faison as Barney Matthews

Tracey Walter as Lamar

Charles Napier as Lt. Boyle

Danny Darst as Sgt. Tate

Alex Coleman as Sgt. Jim Pembry

Dan Butler as Roden

Paul Lazar as Pilcher

Ron Vawter as Paul Krendler

Roger Corman as FBI Director Hayden Burke

Chris Isaak as SWAT Commander

Harry Northup as Mr. Bimmel

Masha Skorobogatov as Young Clarice Starling

Don Brockett as cellmate and "Pen Pal"


Anthony Hopkins I love you! Everything you do I love! As the genius madman/ cannibal Hannibal Lecter, Hopkins was damn brilliant. It is also further proof that the man can be evil and you still have to love him. He was on screen for no longer than ten minutes and he won the oscar. And who could forget his big line. “ A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti..apffffffffff.” (The sound effects and face are much more menacing I promise.)Further I think this is my favorite Jodie Foster movie, she is a very convincing driven cop who wants to prove her worth more than anything else and as a near an equal as can be to Lecter. I saw this movie when I was fourteen for the first time and I wont lie, I was quite taken, never had I seen a thriller this brilliantly adapted, I decided to read the book , and dear blog afficionado, I was not disappointed! To this day it is one of my favorite trilogy's both in film and book, following on the heels of LOTR. I know it isn't the movie for the faint or weak of stoamch, but I dare anyone to watch and not like it.

It also won awards for:


Best Actress: Jodie Foster
Best Actor : Anthony Hopkins
Best Director: Jonathon Demme
Best Adapted Screenplay :Ted Tally

No comments: