Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 28: Gentleman's Agreement

Gentleman's Agreement: 1947: Winner of the 20th Academy Award
Starring :




Gregory Peck as Philip Schuyler Green
Anne Revere as Mrs. Green

Dorothy McGuire as Kathy Lacey
June Havoc as Elaine Wales
John Garfield as Dave Goldman
Albert Dekker as John Minify
Celeste Holm as Anne Dettrey
Jane Wyatt as Jane

 
 
I am super in love with Gregory Peck, ever since I watched “To Kill a Mockingbird”! In this movie he is a journalist who poses as a Jewish American citizen in order to fully understand what it means to be a Jew. Throughout the movie we see how people who have no idea he is Jewish sometimes change when they find out he is. Most of the movie is how his fiancĂ© can't deal with it though and that just bored me.  What I will say is this, I live in California, this is Jew city and we love it. Especially since I live so close to Weho, I guess I never thought that they weren't always loved. I know it seems childish but I never knew that in America they weren't tolerated like the Irish Catholic's or the Chinese, I guess they teach you those things in high school eh?. Anyway the movie was pretty good, it was a little too much talking and to be honest I was really upset when Mr. Green didn't end up with Anne she was a real girl. Kathy was a bub, she talks to much and she isn’t even pretty! I liked the mom she was the driving force behind her son and I like strong maternal figures. It was a good movie but I took two naps. Just saying
 
It also won awards for:
 
Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress - Celeste Holm


Academy Award for Directing - Elia Kazan

No comments: