Saturday, November 24, 2012

Anna Karenina

I know i mentioned early on this yr about reading Anna Karenina and I finished it some time ago and havent written a review for it so here goes.  Anna Karenina is baisically a romantiticized retelling of highborn russians. The story begins with Dolly and Oblonsky in a problem and little by little the story traps you and engrossed you in the lives of these noble Russians and their day to day lives.. Told in a way were you rapidly decide which character you sympathize with and which one you just down right hate Tolstoy also did some not so hidden self-reflecting. I can only hope that the movie is or shall be half as good as the book. I have nt wanted to read a book and been prolonging the end Since Lotr. I reccomend that people read it if they like to read. It's pretty fast paced and the Anna and Vronsky chapters and most people will want to quit by chapter 5 but I urge you to keep reading till 6 and 7 is amazing. The culmination of this book is only satisfying in the sense you feel like you know them enough to know let them all live in peace.





No comments: