Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 45: The Artist

Firstly, i know i said I would someday finish this and i've decided to give myself all year.. This is this years winner for best picture of the year. I watched it today with Salinger and I'm pleased to say it was sort of like watching that one cop movie of whose name i've already forgotten.

The Artist :2012

I watched this today with Salinger and it was he fourth time I had checked this movie out. I was sooo not in the mood to watch this shit. I really wasn't but Salinger said I must and so I did, and at first I was let down. I was really upset that the beginning of the film was so slow. Then it started to pick up momentum and some of the parts I really loved, mostly the scenes with Uggie the dog. To be honest this is like watching a reverse version of Sunset Blvd. Excpet in a comedy and less bent on revenge. Granted it had a spetacular score and granted it was cute it still didn't have the same charisma for me that Silent Films evoked in people. It was kind of a paradoy of the silent film and that was sad. Furthermore i was bothered by thee screen cards. The ones where they tell you what they say. If I hadn't been good at reading lips I would have been lost a couple of times. However the story gets it done, your drawn into the life of the Artist. One thing that bothered me to no end was the female characters name the main lead, Peppy.. REALLY? Peppy! I'm pretty sure there are other names for fmales of the 20 that are less ridiculous and obvioulsy ripped from Betty Boop! *sigh* Watch it if you want to see what all the hoopla is about, or because your curious, if you don't like silent films forget this, just skip. Skip!

No comments: