Sunday, August 18, 2013

Flowers in the attic

Flowers in the Attic by V.C Andrews


I was kind of prepared for what this book was going to be about. I wasn't prepared for what other stuff would be going down. The book is about four children who are adored by their parents. A very doting dad and a devoted mother. However their world comes crashing down when their father dies. that's when the problems begin. Their mother is a self proclaimed trophy wife who never learned to do anything, she was beautiful she never needed too. She drags her four children to the house she grew up in. The problem is that she has to hide them. The poor children are sent up into a forlorn part of the house and the attic becomes their play area.
Bitch Please!
That's all I want to say about this book in the above *Spoiler Alert*
Ok what they don't tell you is that the mother married her half-uncle, which is super incestuous and when she tells her father she expects him to be ok with this. after he isn't, I mean how would you feel if your brother married your daughter? Ok here's my thing, I have an amazingly wonderful mother who babies me and is quite the charmer. My mom was born to be a mom. She tries to adopt all of my friends, Salinger has already been adopted. Whats my point? My point is that having this kind of mom I could not even for one second understand why the mother of these four children could have sacrificed herself them that way! Astounding her lust for money, its like she was her mothers clone. The Grandmother is set out to be the witch but honestly I think for sure it was the mother. Super Spoiler alert, the mom tries to kill her children and succeeds in killing one. What kind of mother does that! Honestly who fucking does that! I cried when that little one died. It wasn't fair and the mom acted like she did nothing. I hope in the next book her new husband dies and leaves her penniless and her money reverts to her children and then to have her be on the street poor where everyone who knew her and whom she belittled saw her and she would have to rely on the mercy of the children. fuck I just hate her. The book was good even if the main characters were dirty but I guess it wasn't as bad.. ok yes it was.. but still what can they expect?

No comments: