Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Conjuring


The Conjuring was a movie that I had wanted to see when it came out, but never really ha the time for. Yesterday Salinger suggested we go watch it and I was glad we did. We finally saw a good scary movie in a theatre. The premise of this movie a “true story” is about renowned demonologists, Lorainne and Ed Warren who have encountered a family with some nasty ass spirits. The family in question is a big family of seven the mother and father  and five girls. They move into this spacious house in Rhode Island and settle in until they figure that there are some malevolent things hiding their. The family asks the help of these demonologists and so the Warrens go ahead and check the house and find that there is definitely something wrong. Now I won’t spill the beans but I will say that whether or not this movie was based on truth or not it made for good entertainment. I was pleased with being sufficiently rattled and scared. Unlike some other exorcist movies this one was actually pretty good. One thing I have to say is I love it when in the theatre you hear people echoing your own thoughts “Don’t go down there, don’t do it, oh shit she went!”. It was kind of funny and after deciding not to pay for scary movies in theatres I have decided to maybe renew this belief. However I will not be watching Insidious 2. More on that later when I do my Fall Previews.

No comments: