Sunday, August 18, 2013

Man Up!


Man Up! by Ross Matthews:


Firstly let me introduce the author of this book, who doesn’t know it but is my gay soulmate, Ross Matthews. Maybe some of you know him from his work at Jay Leno as the uber cool correspondent or as a regular round table guest on Chelsea Lately. Sometimes he’ll actually host the show too! Or you might know him as the better half of the radio show “he said/ he said” Josh and Ross! Which by the way is super funny. You might read his blog “Hello Ross” or then again you might have read his book “Man up!” . I am guilty of being a fan since I saw him on Chelsea  about 5 years ago. He popped out on the round table and him and his little lady voice made my head spin. If you are not acquainted the photo will maybe help. I was anticipating his book for a really long time. And I was so not disappointed. I rarely read something that isn’t fiction unless it’s a biography. My favorite type of biography is a funny one. I’ve read all of the Chelsea Handler ones (My Horizontal Life, Hello Vodka are you there? It’s me Chelsea., Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, and the latest Lies that Chelsea Handler told me.) I’ve also read the bore fest “you’ll never blue ball in this town again” by Heather McDonald and the  quite depressing (good but super sad) “Life as I blow it” by Sarah Colonna. What Ross has that these two ladies don’t is honestly his gayness.

Bitch Please:

I was amazed that while reading this book I could imagine him reading it to me in his angelic lady like voice. And him pointing certain things out with his index finger the way he does on the round table. Everything about this book was funny, his obsession with Gwenyth Paltrow and the entertainment industry (which I share as well) his love of girls toys when he was a little boy, his run ins with homophobia, his love of tiny dogs and of course his brushes with fame. Now I cannot deny that he is my favorite Red Carpet correspondent and I so wish that one day he would interview me, (I need to hurry up and write a book, star in a movie or record a solo album). The book made me laugh a lot. It also made me think that my dreams can come true. He is leading my path to becoming… whatever it is I decide I want to become. I know at my age I should have that figured out already. I highly recommend everyone read this book as a pick me up or something to lighten the heavy load of literature. 

No comments: